Monday, October 10, 2011

Time for a new relationship

The name is Gym and today was our first date. It was a little intimidating, so I brought a friend, but sooner or later I'm going to have to face Gym on my own. I've heard from others who've managed a relationship with Gym that it can be quite demanding, so I'm somewhat nervous.

I haven't seen Gym since well before my prescribed bed rest during my triplet  pregnancy. At one point in my life, I had regular dates with Gym, but after a while, stuff kept getting in the way. One of the things I remember when I used to hang out with Gym was that I felt a lot healthier, weighed a lot less, bought smaller clothes and looked a lot more fit.

It's hard to make time for a new relationship, but I'm committed to making it work. I think regular dates with Gym will help me be a better steward of my own body. I also think it may actually benefit all the other relationships in my life - my husband, my kids, my work, even in some respects, my faith.

Don't worry, it's a public relationship and Tripped Up Daddy knows all about it.





2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You won't regret it. Which did you join?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jax - went with Family Fitness for now - old Fit Zone. Think we'll do a family membership with the Y later, but for now it's about me.

    ReplyDelete